Bunny try number 2! OK technically it's the third one, but the second one was a disaster and I need to rip it apart 'cuz it looks bizarre.
So this time I used the #7 needles again, cast on 30 sts, stockinette for the body, 5 sts, garter for the ears. And another i-cord tail. It's about 4 1/2 inches long not including the tail, and 2 1/2 inches wide. The weave is a little looser than I'd like. I think I'll try #6 needles and see if that works better.
The yarn is purple Jo Sharp Kid Mohair. The yarn was a little itchy to work with, but the end result is all fuzzy and soft so a little itchy in the creation is ok with me!
Update: I made another one with this yarn on #6 needles. I followed the exact same pattern, just changed the needles. I did indeed like the finished product better. It's slightly smaller, but it's tighter.