So here we go with my first knitting project on the Craft Blog!
When I went to get my first nice yarn at a "real" yarn store, the lady there suggested keeping track of what I make so that in the future if I want to repeat something or use a similar yarn or something I have it all written down. And since I'm a geek that is now yet another blog! But this way it's also easy to search and can easily include pictures and links and all kinds of geeky goodness!
Without any further ado... off we go!
This is from a pattern found here which I followed just about exactly since it was my first try.
I used some blue Red Heart Supersaver yarn that was in the craft closet. I used #7 needles, cast on 30 sts for the body, started with 6 sts for the ears (which were too big, should have done 5 sts). Body in stockinette, ears in garter, and a little coil of white i-cord for the tail. The body ended up 5 1/2 inches long (not including the tail) and it's about 3 inches across. The weave is nice and tight.
I'm supposed to write about the yarn too. It's nice that the stuff is non-dye lot, and it's inexpensive. But it felt kinda scratchy while I was working with it. The finished product doesn't feel scratchy though. Not really soft either, but definately not scratchy. If I'm using craft store yarn I'd rather use the Caron Super Soft stuff.
OK, so there's the first entry to the Craft Blog!