It's a Hat!
OK, it's actually a really bad picture of a hat, but you get the idea.
I used this pattern along with some leftover yarn from the Harry Potter scarf I made for Keva a couple years ago. I followed the pattern with the one exception that I used #6 needles instead of the #9's that the pattern called for. They were the biggest needles I had on hand that didn't have something else on them. Oh, it also said to hold two strands together throughout, I didn't do that. I just did one strand.
The end result is really a quite fun hat! I think I might make another one at some point, but on bigger needles 'cuz on #6's it's a little big tight on my head. Of course I have a massive head so that might have something to do with it too.
I lost the lables for the yarn a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure it was Red Heart Super Saver. I'm not a fan! It's very scratchy and rough and I just don't like it. So next time, bigger needles, softer yarn. Because I really do like the hat, it's a fun design! And very quick, I knit this bugger up in just a couple days (an hour or two each day I think) Plus, I now know how to do short rows! Yay!