These are the first socks I've made for someone else, and I'm incredibly lazy about my FO posting! They've been finished since the beginning of July!
Keva has been the knit object guinea pig of choice so they're for her. She picked out the yarn and after feet measuring I made socks! I didn't want to do anything complicated just yet, so these are straight stockinette, 60 sts around, toe-up, with a 2x2 rib on the cuffs for a couple inches. This was my first time using a self-striping yarn and I'm pretty happy with my matching. It made the leg part really easy. I just did the ribbing over the same part of the pattern, no measuring!
I used size 1 needles, and Clown yarn by Marks & Kattens. So this is also my first time using a cotton blend. Keva said they fit fine when she first put them on, but they stretched a tad as she wore them. So, knowing that and how it knit up, if I use this yarn again (which I will, I have more in my sock yarn bin!) I'll do it on size 0 needles, and a little bit smaller.