« Aunty Patty Blue Sockotta | Main | Coronet »



I finished my Clapotis! I used laceweight instead of the thicker yarn the pattern called for so I did a ton more repeats than the pattern called for. I'm not exactly sure how many more, but I ended up using 24 stitch markers (that'll make sense to anyone who's actually knit the pattern) It's a fun pattern and I'm sure I'll knit it again at some point. I love how easy it is to modify it for different sizes/yarns!


I wasn't paying the best attention to where the halfway point was so I ended up needing to use just a tiny bit of a third skein. Like maybe 50 yards tops of that third skein. But I knew I had that third skein as backup so I wasn't too concerned about running out! I did make an attempt at blocking it since I didn't like the ways the corners were curling, and I like it better blocked! Finding a place long enough to pin it out was a challenge though!


The Stats...
Needles: size 3 (3.25mm)
Yarn: KP Shimmer in the Stained Glass colorway, two skeins plus a tad (about 920 yards total)
Pattern: Clapotis from Knitty
Sizing: 18ish inches wide by 88ish inches long
SPI: 7 in the stockinette parts
Started: 10-21-2006
Finished: 05-23-2007


TrackBack URL for this entry:

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)


This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on May 25, 2007 11:52 AM.

The previous post in this blog was Aunty Patty Blue Sockotta.

The next post in this blog is Coronet.

Many more can be found on the main index page or by looking through the archives.