I started these while I was home on vacation at the end of June. They'll be going in the mail shortly as they're for my mom! The pattern is toe-up so I didn't have to mess with that part of it. It's written with a short-row heel, but I swapped that out for a Widdershins heel. And I didn't do the cuff ribbing as written either. I did (k1, p1, k1, p2, k2, p1, k2, p1, k2, p2) 4 times. I don't remember why I changed that. Maybe I didn't have the pattern handy when it came time for the cuff? Not sure.
Once I did a couple rows in the pattern it was really easy to remember what I was supposed to do when. I'd like to try it again but with a bunch more of the spirally things instead of just 4 of them.
The yarn is the same kind I used for the Aunty Patty socks but a different colorway. I really like the way the colors work in this yarn, however it's a bit splitty which can be annoying if I'm not paying attention.
Needles: 0 (2mm)
Yarn: Gedifra Fashion Trend Sportivo - colorway #5762
Pattern: Anastasia, done toe-up with a Widdershins heel
Sizing: 12st/needle up to 30/needle, 7" until heel gusset start
I dyed the yarn for these when I was home on vacation in June. I brought home two skeins of KP Bare and Mom did one and I did one. It was great fun. I redid the skein so I could have nice long stretches of color, nothing measured, just longer than normal! I have dyed this yarn before, but I hadn't knit any of it up yet. It takes the dye beautifully.
It's a tad scratchier than the merino KP Bare, but it isn't merino so that's to be expected! They feel good on my feet though and I've definitely knitted with scratchier! They're my standard toe-up formula, I did 1x1 twisted rib on the cuff instead of my normal 2x2 though. The Monkey socks use the twisted rib and I like the way it looks so I figured I'd use that.
And now I don't have any socks OTN so I need to go cast something on!
Needles: 0's (2mm)
Yarn: KP Bare Peruvian, dyed by me
Pattern: generic toe-up, Widdershins heel, 10 rows of 1x1 twisted rib at the cuff, double-crochet bind off
Sizing: 14/needle up to 30/needle, 5" until heel gusset start
These have been finished for a good week, I've just been pokey about posting them! I felt the urge to do a little cabling, but I didn't want to purl. So I went with some little two stitch wide cables that are against stockinette. A little futzing in Excel and I had a chart, but once I did a couple repeats I really didn't need it.
The chart got flipped for the second sock so the spirals go in different directions. I used a Widdershins heel, as it's my current default heel. I debated with adding more cables once I hit the leg, but I thought they were kind of fun as is, so the four cables that were on top of the foot are the only ones that travel around the leg. The little 1 stitch crosses on rows 13 & 15 aren't there on the leg, those are just for on top of the foot.
The leg is quite a bit longer than I usually do them 'cuz I wanted the cables to spiral around more. And there's a bit of 2x2 rib for the cuff. And in lieu of increasing stitches, I went up a needle size for the last few inches for a little calf shaping. Double-crochet bind off and voila! Socks!
Needles: 0's (2mm), switched to 1's (2.5mm) near the top of the leg
Yarn: Artyarns Ultramerino 4 - colorway 114
Pattern: my own
Sizing: 14/needle up to 32/needle, 5" until heel gusset start