These have been finished for a good week, I've just been pokey about posting them! I felt the urge to do a little cabling, but I didn't want to purl. So I went with some little two stitch wide cables that are against stockinette. A little futzing in Excel and I had a chart, but once I did a couple repeats I really didn't need it.
The chart got flipped for the second sock so the spirals go in different directions. I used a Widdershins heel, as it's my current default heel. I debated with adding more cables once I hit the leg, but I thought they were kind of fun as is, so the four cables that were on top of the foot are the only ones that travel around the leg. The little 1 stitch crosses on rows 13 & 15 aren't there on the leg, those are just for on top of the foot.
The leg is quite a bit longer than I usually do them 'cuz I wanted the cables to spiral around more. And there's a bit of 2x2 rib for the cuff. And in lieu of increasing stitches, I went up a needle size for the last few inches for a little calf shaping. Double-crochet bind off and voila! Socks!
Needles: 0's (2mm), switched to 1's (2.5mm) near the top of the leg
Yarn: Artyarns Ultramerino 4 - colorway 114
Pattern: my own
Sizing: 14/needle up to 32/needle, 5" until heel gusset start