« Turkish String Bag | Main | KP Memories Socks »

Modified Turkish String Bag

StringBag2.jpg

My second string bag.

I modified the pattern a bit for this one... cast on 10 instead of 15 and then 20 rows of garter instead of 32. Picked up 10 stitches per side for a total of 40. Increased to 80 on the first row, the body I did as written. On the decrease row I k2tog all the way around, instead of on half of it. Then 8 rows of garter like the pattern, then k10, bind off 10, k10, bind off 10, and the strap as written.

It's basically just a little bit smaller than the written pattern, and the top is more of a round shape. This one works a lot better when I'm shopping, it stays around whatever I put in it instead of collapsing around the outside.

The Stats...
Needles: 15's (10mm)
Yarn: Peaches & Cream - 165 Daisy Ombre
Pattern: String Bag
Sizing:
SPI:
Started: 2-17-08
Finished: 2-24-08

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.sunidesus.net/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/1911

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)

About

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on February 24, 2008 11:15 PM.

The previous post in this blog was Turkish String Bag.

The next post in this blog is KP Memories Socks.

Many more can be found on the main index page or by looking through the archives.