« Anastasia of My Own | Main | Modified Turkish String Bag »

Turkish String Bag

StringBag1.jpg

After looking at a number of different string bag patterns I finally went with this one. Partway through the body I decided to try decreasing one stitch so I'd have an odd amount. I thought that'd make the pattern work just doing the same row instead of switching between the two rows. That didn't work. It doesn't affect the structure of the bag, it just has a slightly different pattern for a chunk in the middle. That part shows up in the second photo.

StringBag1.jpg

The only problem I have with the bag is that when I'm shopping (I use these for grocery shopping) the opening is so large that it tends to just pool around the outside of the stuff that's in the bag. I made a couple more of these and modified the pattern just a bit on those.

The Stats...
Needles: size 15's (10mm)
Yarn: Lion Brand Kitchen Cotton - 208 Wedgewood
Pattern: Turkish String Bag
Sizing:
SPI:
Started: 2-9-08
Finished: 2-17-08

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.sunidesus.net/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/1909

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)

About

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on February 17, 2008 7:10 PM.

The previous post in this blog was Anastasia of My Own.

The next post in this blog is Modified Turkish String Bag.

Many more can be found on the main index page or by looking through the archives.